Skip links

Church of Luogo Pio

Actually it’s the Vergine Assunta and San Giuseppe church, built between 1713 and 1716 under the forever watchful eye of the architect Giovanni del Fantasia. Rectangular in design, it was practically completely destroyed during the American bombing raids of 1943, and now the church is deconsecrated and is part of the City Museum.

The church now hosts contemporary artists that seem perfectly matched and added to a structure that still bares the scars of war. Stuccos and original decorative features cohabit in good harmony with the compositions of the guest artists.