Skip links

Where to go

Church of Luogo Pio

Actually it’s the Vergine Assunta and San Giuseppe church, built between 1713 and 1716 under the forever watchful eye of the architect Giovanni del Fantasia. Rectangular in design, it was practically completely destroyed during the American bombing raids of 1943, and now the church is

Fattori Museum and Mimbelli house and grounds

Heading down the road that leads to the ancient church of San Jacopo (Saint James) is Villa Mimbelli, which since 1994 has been the seat of the Civic Museum, where a rich and precious typically Livornian collection is housed. In Primis we stumble across the

Mountblack’s Sanctuary

Heading up “Monte Nero” (black mount) the air starts to get cooler and fresher and for this reason the now “mature” Carlo Goldoni wanted to set his trilogy “Smania per la villeggiatura”. (“The Craving for the Holiday”). Perhaps because one can see the island of

The Hermitage or solitary lands

South of Livorno, once the inhabited area of Antignano comes to an end, the Romito coast begins, whose naturalistic features can be considered one of the most beautiful coastal stretches in Tuscany. Breathtaking panoramas follow one another along the Aurelia state road that runs along

Park of the Mountains of Livorno

The Livornian mountain park, which will shortly become a Nature Reserve, includes the Municipality of Livorno, Collesalvetti and stretching as far as Rosignano Marittimo. A green heritage rich in vegetation, water and geological resources that constitutes a naturalistic excellence. But also a territory of undoubted

The Queen’s Rock

Caressed by the mistral wind and accompanied by the presence of the old clock of the Luigi Orlando Shipyard we walk towards the Livorno waterfront. During the XIX century that very promenade made the city one of the most sought-after and prestigious summer tourist destinations.

The Supplies Market

Aimlessly roaming the city centre streets, eventually out of the corner of one’s eye, a presence of a grand and important nature seems to come into sight, something that appears to be way out of scale. Rested on the “Scali Saffi” (roads that run along

The Venice District

An island surrounded by canals with ramps descending towards the moorings and then the cellars. Warehouses at water’s edge, that are lost in underground mazes under the surface of historic buildings. The neighbourhood is located in the area of the “Fortezza Nuova” (New Fortress) built

Piazza del Luogo Pio and the City Museum

Nomen omen: Three hundred cisterns holding around 24000 litres of olive oil. Between the end of the XVII century and the beginning of the XVIII century the original project took place and then in 1729 its definitive enlargement was fulfilled by the architect Giovanni del

The Goldoni Theatre

Strolling through the heart of the historic city centre, amidst the great buildings of the XIX century and the profiles of modern edifices the Goldoni square opens up: Little more than a widening in the road it hosts a theatre’s beautiful neoclassical facade. Back in